Our strategies to get us to our goals include:
- Increasing the evidence base on (1) the number of people experiencing the Poverty Premium and (2) the detriment experienced. This will include lived experience.
- Influencing regulators and the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) so that they recognise and mitigate the impact of the Poverty Premium
- Influencing social policy makers so that they (1) recognise and (2) mitigate the impact of the Poverty Premium.
- Working positively with and supporting businesses so that they (1) recognise and (2) mitigate the impact of the Poverty Premium
- Facilitating practical solutions and business cases for businesses so they are more able to ‘design out’ the poverty premium for their consumers
Our activities include:
- Creating evidence via research, including lived experience
- Engaging with social policy change-makers through meetings and events
- Engaging the CMA and regulators through meetings and events
- Creation of a business case for eliminating the Poverty Premium
- Engaging with businesses and trade bodies, through meetings and events.
- Working with intrapreneurs in businesses
- Engaging with organisations in the social justice sector to co-ordinate and align advocacy work and campaigning activities
- Working with the Fair By Design Fund – integrating the lived experience and connecting with other organisations
- Supporting businesses to understand the needs of all consumers – particularly those on low incomes – if they use Inclusive Design principles for the design and delivery of their products and services. These principles will help businesses set priorities, develop and implement interventions, and assess their effectiveness. Inclusive Design principles can also guide regulators’ expectations of businesses.